Testers, Beta 3 is now available! You know the drill: use a test install, see what you can break, and report any bugs you find. There have been 200 commits since Beta 2, but at this point, betas are not adding new features — it’s all about fixing bugs, making things a little prettier, and editing text strings.
As always, plugin and theme authors, PLEASE test your code against the beta so you can catch any incompatibilities now rather than after your users update their WordPress installation and find bugs for you. This time we really mean it, especially if your plugin uses jQuery. We’ve now updated to jQuery 1.7 in core, so please please pretty please check your plugins and themes against beta 3.
These silly haikus –
With so many releases,
I run out of words.
Download WordPress 3.3 Beta 3 now.
Changes since Beta 1:
- Updated the Blue theme
- Fixed IE7 and RTL support
- Improved flyout menu styling and fixed several glitches
- Finished the Pointers implementation
- Landed the dashboard Welcome box for new installs
- Improved contextual help styling
- Tweaked the admin bar a little more
- Fixed a bunch of bugs
Welcome for the new –
3.3 at beta 2.
Download 3.3 Beta 2.